Saturday, September 18, 2010

Vegas stories, part three


The Door

When I got my room at the Excalibur, I was later than the rest,
as it wasn't ready earlier. I had left my luggage in a friend's
room. So after I got checked in, I went straight to my room.
Tried the door with both keys - nope. Straight down the hall,
there was a security guard. Went and told him I was unable to get
into my room.
He came with me and watched my earnest attempts before taking
one of the keys and opening it right up. 'Thanks' I told him.

Went and retrieved my luggage from the friend's room and went
back with it to my room. Got out my keys, tried the door again
and again, and nope. Started mumbling under my breath.

A couple of guys that worked there were walking by.
"Are you sure you have the right room?" One of them asked.
"Yep" was my reply, without looking up.
One of them came over, took the key, and opened the door right
up.
Ugh.

Friend and I went out - we went to In and Out Burger, Wal-Mart
and Target (for snackies and stuff). I told her we needed
to stop at my room first so she could open my door for me, LOL.
Thankfully I was able to get the door open then and didn't
have too much of a problem the rest of the week.