Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vegas stories, part two



Valet Guy - What Are the Odds?

Saturday night, my last night in Vegas, I was going to be alone
for the first time on the trip. Didn't bother me in the least but
I was delighted when a friend called and told me they were on their
way to spend a few hours with me on my last night there.

For those that don't know, Vegas on a weekend can get kind of crazy.
The parking lots get full and you need a room key to get your
car parked. My friend wanted me to meet them as they drove up so
we could present my room key to get the car parked. No problem, I say.
Ha!
Waiting on them near valet, which was backed up several cars deep,
they called and said they missed the turn and would be there shortly.
So I waited and watched.

A valet guy noticed me and asked if he could help me.
"Nope just waiting for friends" I said. He then asked me about my shirt,
a Bakersfield baseball t-shirt, and we talked awhile about that.
Hehe.
There were at least ten to 15 guys working valet that night.

So valet guy left, and I finally saw the friends drive in. I went
over and got in their car as they were in the wrong lane, and we
went around again.

Pulled up to valet, friend has room key in hand, and
GUESS FREAKIN WHAT?
SAME VALET GUY that was talking to me earlier. He says,
"Hey I remember you - I was talking to you and you said you were
waiting on friends."
We told him we changed our minds about going out.
I told him friend can't drive for shit.

Valet guy laughed and parked the car.
What are the odds of that happening? To get the same guy?
Mama mia.