Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fall


It is my second busiest time of the year. Spring
is my busiest (or should I say, has been in the past,
I'm changing some things).

Sometime in September, I start in with 'fall' cleaning -
I give the house a good cleaning, I wash the windows,
light fixtures, valances. Clean the refrigerators and
oven. I then take care of any doctor or dentist appointments
if needed. There is a bit of a break after this (depending
on how quickly I work) but then things start popping.

Leaves fall. They need raked and burned, or mowed or
mulched. I'm talking millions of oak leaves. They are
still falling, so it's an ongoing project. There is
baking to be done - banana bread and your basic chocolate
chip and peanut butter cookies for the freezer, to be
used for party trays at holiday time. A poodle monster
(when being groomed) that needs groomed, a many day process
as you can only work on him for ten to fifteen minutes
at a time, once per day (to keep from losing fingers).
Thanksgiving to prepare for - food bought and prepared,
china washed. Christmas gifts planned and bought then
wrapped. And the regular everyday stuff going on too -
laundry, trash, dishes, cooking, housework, telephones.

Right now I am in the cookie baking for the freezer stage,
the latter stages of grooming the poodle for the winter,
and lots and lots of leaves yet to do (we've been so windy
and so dry, plus leaves are still falling). Many Christmas
gifts have been purchased as well. Soon it will be just
winter and I'll be goofing off more!