Friday, December 17, 2010

The random stupid stuff one suddenly thinks about

As I was waiting for my hot chocolate to get uhm,
well, hot, I was writing in the calendar for January, 2011.
I looked at the calendar, it was from the USO. Probably
something that came in the mail soliciting for donations.

That got me thinking about how the propane man used
to bring us calendars every year, but stopped about
two years ago. Then I remembered when I worked at
International Bank in Raton, NM. The bank used to give
these beautiful calendars away to their customers
every December...filled with beautiful photographs of
New Mexico. Customers, especially older people, would
get irate if they didn't get offered a calendar, or
we were temporarily out. I mean, they'd start yelling
and going into a tirade about how long they've
been a customer, yada yada. I was not responsible for
the supply of calendars at the bank. I just would stare
blankly at them and think about a what I was going
to have for dinner or something.