Monday, December 13, 2010

Seriously


Last Tuesday morning at 2am the phone started ringing.
I have elderly parents in another state. I know
people. No one EVER calls in the wee hours of the night.
Well except for that one time 2 years ago when the
neighbor's were fighting, she threw him out, he called
at 2ish am to see if I'd go over and tell her to
answer the phone (no I didn't).
Anyway.
Said a quick prayer and answered the phone. The voice
on the other end:
"Hello? This is (name) with (name) Security Company.
I'm calling for (husband's name)."
Me: "HUH?"
Voice: "He's on the contact list for the (business name),
and the security alarm is going off there. May I speak
to him please?"
I go give hubby the phone. He tells her to call the
sheriff's department and if they find anything to call
him back. I lay awake waiting for the phone to ring.
At least 60 minutes later I fall asleep.

Come to find out something tripped the motion sensor.

The next night, 3am, phone rings. I spring out of
bed still half asleep and answer.
Voice: "Hello? This is (name) with (name) Security Company.
I'm calling for (husband's name)."
Me: "Yep right here, this is getting old."
Voice: "Well if you know the password I can talk to you."
Me: "I know the password but no way am I getting in
on this one, thanks anyway."
I hand hubby phone. He mutters why did I answer it.
I don't know why I answered it.

That night the phone got turned off. Apparently the
alarm went off again too. If they tried to call too
damn bad. So for awhile at night I was turning the
phone off, then I was forgetting to turn it on
again the next morning. Oops. Can't find good help
anymore.