Friday, January 14, 2011

Funny

My husband does electrical work for these local
property owners. They own rental houses, apartment
complexes, shopping centers, business buildings, etc.
They are super cheap, but won't mess around with
electrical problems and will pay his price when something
comes up. On plumbing, however, they have their own
maintenance men who do a shoddy job and try to band
aid everything.

So when hubby goes to work on a job for them, he usually
meets their renters. Before leaving he hands them a card
and says, 'If you have any problems don't hesitate to call'.
Hehehe.

Many occasions one of their renters will call me and
request hubby come over to fix something - it is usually
something minor in the plumbing department, such as the
toilet won't stop running.
Most of the time when they call they tell me their
medical history and problems they're having health wise
(cuz I'm on the other end listening).
After about 15 or 20 minutes I have to break the news to
them - hubby can't run over there unless they intend to
pay the bill themselves. We have to check with their
landlord before going over otherwise. OF COURSE the
renter doesn't want to pay for him to come over. So
I tell them I'll call their landlord and relay the information
(which they already have done multiple times without action)
and see what happens.

I call their landlord and relay the message and we usually
have a laugh or two. They take the 'call me if you need
me message' to heart, without realizing that the landlords
have to approve. I call landlord to relay message in case
it helps them to fix the problem a bit faster.