Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm a thief

I wonder how long before the statue of limitations
runs out for stealing elephants?

I wanted to find a picture but after lots of searching
I don't think I have one on the computer. But I am
an elephant thief. Oh I eventually gave him back to the
party I stole him from. Maybe I'd best explain......

When our son was about 3, he constantly was saying he
wanted an elephant. Living in small town, U.S.A. there
was no place to buy a stuffed elephant, a big one like he
wanted. I could order it online but shipping would
cost a fortune.

One dark evening we were driving past the local charity
thrift store. Everything was closed. There sitting on
their front steps was a 2 1/2 foot tall stuffed elephant!!!
Oh my God!!!

What did I do? What would YOU have done, when you spent
weeks listening to your child begging for an elephant?
I pulled that car in and stuffed the elephant in it.

Took Mr. Elephant home and gave him a good disinfecting
and cleaning. And my son enjoyed him for several years.
When he was done enjoying him, we returned him to the
charity. Just a few years late but also a lot cleaner
than when he was there before.