Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's that time again


Some say the public education system is going downhill quickly.
I am one of those people.
Last week, we stood in line for TWO FRICKIN HOURS JUST
TO REGISTER THE YOUNGUN FOR HIGH SCHOOL. Not efficient
in my book, and if they can't run that right how should I
expect them to....oh never mind.

I could homeschool easily here and have been looking into it -
On so many levels I could do a better job and occasionally
think about various ways and methods of teaching. But I don't
want to deny the whole high school experience if possible, so
we'll give it a go with the public system. They regularly
p*** me off though - the teachers can't write, grade papers,
and teach when they don't know how themselves. I guess that is
what bothers me the most, when I get an email from a teacher with
many words misspelled, etc.

CLASSIC LITERATURE - Almost a thing of the past. Lately I've
been reading 'Little Women'. I have vowed to re-read some classics
and re-charge my brain. In between the classics I'm into the
Stephanie Plum series, ROFL. Mixing it up a little bit there!