Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going back



It's funny, the older I get, the things that pop into my head.
I'll suddenly remember someone that pi$$ed me off 20 or 30
years ago, and get rip roaring mad all over again. Like the
9th grade assistant principal, who sent a note to summon me to
the office. I was in P.E. class. The note said, "She skipped
class on August 25th." I did no such thing. So there I go down
to see MR. WHITE, in my gym clothes, and he promptly assured me
that yessiree, I did skip school that one class. After the
urge passed to strangle him, I thought about the day and
class in question. We had a substitute teacher that day. The
girl who sat in front of me had the same last name as me.
She never went to class. I knew the substitute just wrote down
the wrong person on the absenteeism list. I told this to
MR. WHITE, who promptly told me it was MY RESPONSIBILITY TO
MAKE SURE TEACHERS DON'T MARK ME ABSENT.

So I had images for days of going up to all the teachers
and asking to review their absenteeism list. THANKS MR.
WHITE
. JACKASS!!

But what's even more humiliating is remembering 20 or 30 years
later the STUPID THINGS I DID way back then. Granted I
was younger. Granted I was stupid at times. But oh boy.
I never hurt anyone emotionally or physically, I never
TOTALLY broke the law :-0

I'm wondering what I'm doing now that when I'm old and in
a nursing home I'll think back on and turn red, LOL.