Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's Summer

Welcome to another summer in Missouri-land.

Around this time each year, after a few weeks
of 90+ degree temps, I want to move. Ironically
I don't want to move to a cooler climate, I want
to move to a warmer region. Here the seasons
are too extreme for me - hot hot hot in the
summers, cold as hell at times in the winters,
snow, ice, tornadoes, wind, hail, etc. etc. etc.
I'd love a warmer climate which can get hot
but not have much of a winter. Deeper south
I guess would be a good pick.

MY choice would be Nevada, living in the mountains.
Hot in the summers, but a dry heat. Very few bugs
and little humidity. Mild winters. It's a very
BIG DEAL if they get any snow. The people there are
more the kind of people I identify with as well.
Probably from living in the southwest for many years.

Just sayin'.
Back to summer in Missouri-land.