Saturday, October 10, 2009

What's this box for?




Those that know me know I am not a tv watcher.
I barely can turn on the satellite.
I barely know how to change the channel.
Last night my son decided to sleep on the sleeper couch
in the living room. I sat in the chair and he fell
asleep. Clicking the channels, I discovered a
Roseanne marathon on TV Land. OMG the one show I will
watch forever is Roseanne! I watched several episodes
until about 1am. Giggled like I had never seen them
a thousand times before.

Today he had turned on the tv and left. It still was
tuned to TV Land. I never changed the channel. An
Officer and a Gentleman was on. Watched almost the
whole thing even though I had seen it before (I can't
say that about most movies)....cried at the right times,
cussed at the right times, laughed at the right times.
My channel is TV Land!

Speaking of tv, this afternoon hubby came home and
the networks weren't working on all 3 of the tv's
hooked up to satellite. The networks haven't worked
for days but it wasn't a concern of his until this
afternoon, as college football was on. OMG the
sky was falling!! Suddenly we needed the number
for Direct TV's customer service. "It's probably
on a bill" I say. "I didn't save a bill" he said.
I looked it up online. Right about the same time I
asked if he had rebooted the receivers. "Why would I
need to do that?" he asks. "Just try it" I say.
He does. They work. He was able to watch football.
It wasn't the end of the world, after all!