Sunday, July 4, 2010

If only I felt as young as I look



If you don't get close enough to me to see the wrinkles and
sprouts of gray hair coming out of my head, I can look pretty
young. I keep my body in semi decent shape just by
working outside and walking daily. My legs stay toned, my
weight proportionate, etc. A good bra takes care of the
saggy boobs, a bottle of hair color takes care of the gray.

I've been blessed to look young enough to have guys that are
young enough to be my son ask me out :) I've been asked
to leave drinking establishments, also came very close to being
refused service at retailers when trying to buy cigarettes.
All while in my 40's.

So it's such a shame my body doesn't feel as young as it looks.

A car accident in 1991 (a rollover, I am lucky to be alive and
tickled to have the head of the ambulance district at the time,
the man that rode in the back of the ambulance with me, as
a Facebook friend) left me with a 'weak' back (for lack
of a medical term). I had test after test done and everything
healed up but the muscles just are not very strong and will
ache after standing long. I also get these sinusy migrainish
headaches from hell in the winter, when the barometer changes.
And every summer, sure as crap, I manage to severely strain some
body part to the point it takes months to heal (this summer
it was my shoulder). Joy of joys it's so great to be old!!!