Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mediocrity is easy......

Part of a line from Seger's Lock and Load....

I hate being ordinary. I hate defining
normal and going along with the flow in
most cases. If I die tomorrow, I'd like
to be remembered as making a difference in
someone's life..hopefully more than one...
even if I just made that person smile when
nothing else did. Oh I know I won't be
forgotten by a bunch of people, LOL! But
I hope to make a difference in a POSITIVE
way.

So it's the middle of summer, and the first
half really REALLY sucked. Hubby has been
sick for a month, he's getting better but
it's been tough. A friend I knew since the
6th grade died unexpectedly. A new pup
in the household. Hot. Dry. It just
all stacks up eventually.

The friend I knew that recently passed away -
he apparently had problems with depression, and
chose to end his own life. I've known
far too many people who have chosen this
path, and I know with the economy etc. there
are hard times out there. I don't particularly
know his exact situation, I just know
it's sad and if we only had a clue maybe we
could have done something......but we had none.
We had just re-connected last December on
Facebook and had many things in common. We
loved joking back and forth with each other
and did so almost daily. After, I have heard
he had problems with depression and refused to
take medication. So I am urging anyone reading
this to please please please seek help if you
have problems with depression. The feelings
and situation are temporary and the condition
is treatable. Don't rely on someone else
or try to go it alone, it's just not worth the
chance and you deserve to be happy.

Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time.