Sunday, July 4, 2010

A quiet Fourth of July

For the first time in 20 years - we did
nothing for the 4th of July. In the past
we'd go (in New Mexico) to my in laws'
house for a cookout and watch the city
fireworks from her lawn, or here in Missouri
we'd either go to Skyfire at the airport,
go to the Lodge, or go to the Country Club.
We did none of them this year. Been
a wee bit strange but also kind of a nice
and peaceful holiday.

I was asked today what Molly wanted (in a nice
way). I wish I knew! I thought about it -
Molly really would like to move, but Molly
has no idea where she would move to.
It's not that I don't like it here in
Missouri-land....it's just not the
weather I want. Okay it gets too damn cold
in the winter!! But where would I go?
I've narrowed it down to the deep south
and west, but each have their own set of
problems. Then Missouri-land doesn't look
half bad anymore. NOT moving ONE INCH
further north though, I'm such a whiny butt
when it's c-c-c-old!!