Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blings

Gawd I love the people I can trade 'blings' (insults, I made
up the word) with. It takes a special person to be able to
do that, and you know you are soul friends when it happens.
I have 2 people in my life I can fling some blings with, there
used to be 3 but sadly one of them died. The last
conversation I had with the one that passed away a year
ago went something like this: him - "Hey Molly you
look really fat in that shirt." me - "I hate you." ~smack
in the arm~

The other two people I can do it with - one is in professional
sports. This was the start of the phone conversation the last time
we talked -
"Hey Molly this is Don*"
"Who?"
"Don, you know...Don"
"I don't know any Don, sorry."
"This is DON DAMMIT!"
"Oh you mean Don?"
"Dammit Molly!"
"DON! You haven't changed a bit!"

And the third person is the president of a very powerful
national organization (see a previous post). Most people
know him as all wearing a suit and business like, I do
not. Our last phone conversation:
me - "Hello?"
him - "Who's this?"
me - "Who are you calling?"
him - "Well who is this?"
"Are you someone I should know?"
"Well I'm calling the ~insert last name~ residence."
"So?"
"Well who is this?"
"Who do you think it is?"
"Is your name Molly?"
"No"
laughing.
me - "How are you?"......