Monday, July 6, 2009

Slices of Life pt. 6

A doctor told me to buy a bag of Snickers - During my
Colorado days, I was getting a bit puny and run down. My
doctor told me to go buy a bag of Snickers, go home and
eat them! She didn't have to tell me twice :)

I broke a finger trying to 'rescue' a baby bird -
Last year. The finches here are constantly building nests
everywhere and having babies. One day I went out and
one baby was on the asphalt. Me being me, I got out the
big ladder and gloves. I scooped up the baby who was
as quiet as could be while we climbed the ten foot ladder.
Went to put him in the nest and he started freaking out!
Then his nestmates started freaking too. I tried to
just sort of fling him in, and in the process all heck
broke loose. TWO baby birds came falling out on my
head! I JUMPED off the ladder and landed on asphalt.
In the process I broke my finger and damaged some
tendons, the tendons I still have problems with. I
did my own therapy sessions with the finger or it
still wouldn't be bendable. OUCH! And no, I haven't
tried to 'rescue' a baby bird since!

I threw 2 very big, tattoed guys out of the shop -
In New Mexico, some really, really REALLY big dudes
came in a truck with a wench to repossess an
employee's pickup. They had already ticked me off
when they had gone to our house and snooped
around by the barns. I told them where the
employee lived and when he'd be there. Then I
followed them, unbeknownst to them, as they
drove to our shop and walked in. OH I WAS MAD.
I pulled in, flung open the front door, held the door
open, pointed my arm outside and yelled "GET OUT!"
Have I mentioned how big these guys were? They
put their heads down and quietly walked by me
out to their truck. As they were walking out I
was yelling at them, as they were trespassing
twice on my property. I was so mad by that
time if one of them would have said a word
I would have jumped him (yeah not the smartest
when I'm angry). Husband was out of town
that day (figures). They did go repossess employee's
truck later that day at his residence, not my problem!