Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Message to the media

Dear Media:

Perhaps I'm just in a crappy mood. I have pretty
much kept the tv off for awhile now, save for some
80's reruns, and I read news online. If it weren't
for some special people in my life I would probably
at this point turn the computer off too.

Is it absolutely necessary in the event of a tragedy
for every station to send a helicopter, reporters, etc.?
Couldn't you all just have one unbiased reporter who
can go get the story, and report back to the others?

Also today there are a couple of news stories that
I think are totally a waste of time. One is the
best place to sit to increase your odds of surviving
a plane crash. Now, I will be flying here in a few
months. But I don't care where I sit. I could
not get through the emotional trauma of the
aftermath of surviving a plane crash. Period.
So I would rather go out with a crash.

Secondly, Michael Jackson's will. Do any of us
really need to know or really care what he left in
his will? I am sure if my name is mentioned someone
will call me. And why is it news that he left his ex
wife out of the will?? My husband doesn't have
his ex wife named in his will! Why is this news
and especially headline material?

Thank you,
Molly