Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dancing in the rain



This past weekend I learned a few things.
I learned that if you go away for four days you
will have the equivalent of three weeks of laundry
to do when you get back. I learned the true
definition of sleep deprived. I learned there
are some truly wonderful people out there. I
learned that I have support from people I didn't
expect to. I learned that there are very loud
trains, 15 minutes apart, in a small blurb in
northwest Indiana. I learned these trains like
to blow their horns loudly regardless of what
time it is.

I learned I gained a little ground in regard
to respect that I didn't have before, from
some people. I learned that some others have
the same sort of problems as I do, again in
regards to some people. I learned that
state highway 2 in northwestern Indiana will
never get finished with road construction.

I learned that a chocolate milkshake is a
really good substitute for a nutritious lunch.
I learned that there are many nice people in
the world. I learned that eating lots of hot
peppers and bratwurst can result in severe
indigestion for some people. I learned
that some people will never change, no matter
how much you wish they would. I learned
that an air mattress does not substitute for a
real bed. I learned Indiana can get some
pretty awesome thunderstorms too. I learned
that when you are dead tired you still can
go on another 3 hours or so socializing. I
learned to stay out of the way of poisonous
people. I learned that people can be very
understanding of a situation without me saying
a word. I learned how to eat every 15 minutes!!