Friday, April 3, 2009

Another house possibility

Yes call me crazy. You think I decide something
that I'd stick with it. But. Well. Okay. Found
another house for sale today. It's a total remodel
job. Priced at $108,900, I think it's a repo. Stopping
there today I found the back door unlocked and went
right in. Didn't look around too much though as I
had visions of someone coming back with a gun in
my face! But apparently it is vacant, as they took
everything of value out of it. Weird as there are
clothes still hanging in the closets though. Anyway
my realtor is trying to get official permission for me to
go over there (with some big flashlights as the
electrical box has been pulled) and look around legally.
It's a cute 3br, 1.75ba house with a full basement. Basement
has a little kitchenette type thingy in it. Kitchen and
baths I really didn't look at, it was dark in there and I'm
skeered! Fireplace in the l/r. 2 car attached garage. Back
deck and privacy fenced. No signs of water damage in
basement (of course it was pitch black and I had an itty
bitty flashlight and I was trespassing so I didn't look TOO
good). Anyway I'm thinking especially if it is a bank repo
of throwing an offer at them of about $50,000 and seeing
what happens. It's right off the highway (160) but that can
be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it
(like, not dusting every 5 minutes).