Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I miss real cowboys

Was just watching this George Strait video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZlN9ZMgiR8&feature=related

It makes me miss real cowboys. Real working
cowboys were everywhere in our area of NM.
Cowboy boots and a cowboy hat were proper
attire in a restaurant, being worn by the real
thing. And what guy doesn't look great in
cowboy boots, tight jeans, and a cowboy hat?? :)

Knew many working cowboys, and many retired
cowboys. Had a few for neighbors actually. I
had horses in NM and tried to ride them in private,
as they could ride a bronc bareback before they
could walk...this is very true more often than not,
I am so not joking. My riding style I'm sure looked
pretty lame compared to some of those guys!
Used to have coffee when I could with a cowboy
whose father owned a ranch. Sadly, Sid is no
longer with us. We had some great talks together
and I will remember him fondly.

My son's kindergarten field trip consisted of going
to a nearby ranch and branding a steer :) THAT'S
New Mexico!
Photobucket

Photobucket