Friday, April 24, 2009

No sense starting off small

So next week is supposed to be a rainy one,
according to The Weather Channel. How to
spend a rainy week other than cleaning house?
My garden needs a chance to grow some before
more planting, so no worries there. So I
decided to make my own homemade laundry
detergent! So round and round the internet
I went, searching for just the right recipe. There
are probably 1,000 recipes for laundry detergent
out there. I read questions, responses, comments
to each one. I decided on the powdered version as
I can foresee too many problems with the
liquid detergent. Finally settled on a recipe
that should work, not hard to make (hee hee) and
economical as crap. A local store near here
is the ONLY place in town to have all of the
ingredients, and I'm not one to run all over for
this and that. Their prices are very cheap for
the ingredients as well, as on the internet I
found places like drugstore.com and others that
wanted three times the price the local place
is charging. So me, being me, bought all of the
washing soda they had in stock, plus a bunch of
the other ingredients too. I was a little worried
driving home, wondering if they would restock
the washing soda. Then I thought I've probably
bought enough ingredients to make three years
worth of detergent anyway! So here in this room
I have 30 bars of soap laying around opened and
drying out. Easier to grate that way. It doesn't
smell bad, just very deodorized in here! Gee,
sure hope one of us isn't allergic to this detergent
or anything or I'm screwed - hehe. Maybe I
could then open up a little roadside stand selling
detergent.