Friday, April 17, 2009

Satellite TV

I don't watch much tv, very very little.
We changed satellite service providers
recently. So the two guys came out
this last week and spend THREE FRICKIN
HOURS installing the dish and stuff, NOT
cable (well cable to one but not the other
two), and hooking up receivers. So they
left after a quick run through with me on
how to work the remote (like I'm ever going
to use it).

So they left. Now. Where are the local networks?
So I had to call someone that had the same
provider to ask them how to find the local
networks. Duh it was the same as antennae.
I can remember that.

And that's the last time I turned on the tv.
Then the next day I was informed by those
that do watch satellite tv here that many of
the channels were not being received when
they should be. And blah blah blah, something
about HD and what not. I had to write it
down so I knew exactly what to tell the tech.

Tech called today. I had to read my notes.
He understood perfectly what it all meant.
Said it was a simple setting. I asked if he
could just walk me through it on the phone.
But I've hardly touched that remote so he
had to talk to me like I was 3 years old - LOL.
We finally got the settings working and things
are now the way they are supposed to be.
So one day (maybe next winter) I will be
able to watch what I want on satellite!