Friday, August 14, 2009

I wanna wide a howse



When my son was about to turn 2 years old, we kept asking
him what he'd like for his birthday. He always replied with,
"I wanna wide a howse!"

So the weekend of his birthday we spent in Colorado Springs.
A trip to the zoo.
A trip to the North Pole.
A trip to the mall (for mom).
A trip to Chuckee Cheese.
It was a fun and great weekend for any kid. Lots of
swimming, rides, food, fun....
so by the time Sunday rolled around we were pretty tired
out for our drive home (120 or so miles). As we left
Colorado Springs, I turned to him in the backseat and
asked,
"Did you have a good birthday?"
"No" he said. "I wanna wide a howse for my birdday."

My husband and I looked at each other. That was the only
thing he had asked for for weeks. We were approaching
Pueblo.
"Where can he ride a horse?" My husband asked.
Buckskin Joe's (a ranch that is a tourist trap and also
the scene for westerns) was the only place I could think
of.

Of course we stopped.
Paid a small fortune to get in, another twenty five
bucks or so so my 2 year old could ride his horse!
That is not me in the picture, some girl who worked
there. His birthday was complete as far as he was
concerned. Dat's my kid!

(A couple of years later we just bought him a horse - LOL).