Monday, August 10, 2009

Twittering, Facebook, etc.

I do not use Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.
And if my child so desires to use one of these I have
recommendations for him. Here are the reasons I
don't like them:

Twitter - First of all, my advice is NEVER to
click on a link posted in a tweet. NEVER. Every
time you click, it is traceable...your ip #, your
location, etc. And many times the twitterer makes
money or is otherwise compensated for the clicks.
NO CLICKING ON TWEETS! You'll notice that some
Twitterers have every post with a link to click, that
is a warning sign!!

I do not use Twitter because I lead a boring life :)
which I do not need to tell the world about. Also
because I think sometimes the internet gives us TOO
MUCH INFORMATION about someone. We don't need to
share that much! Whatever happened to a little
mystery in a life?

Facebook, MySpace - The reason I don't
have a Facebook or MySpace account is simple.....their
terms of use. Has anyone ever read it? PLUS the fact
that you have to give your REAL full name and other
personal details to sign up. IN THE TERMS OF USE it
states for any false information you can be hung
(well not quite, but I highly suggest a person read
the TOU before signing up). IF I were to use one
of these accounts I would falsify certain info - in
my opinion it is none of their business some of the
questions asked. TOO MUCH INFORMATION. IF I used
false info I would be hung, or something like that,
once caught. ALWAYS read the TOU!!

NOT TO MENTION the fact that your parents (gads), spouse,
and employer can find you easily and find out what
you have to say about them!!