Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ramblings

Photobucket

Today is Global Forgiveness Day.

"Forgiveness offers the possibility of two types of peace: peace of mind -- the potential healing of old emotional wounds, and peace with others -- the possibility of new, more gratifying relationships in the future."

So.
I've been trying to decide whom I want to forgive - and I find myself
(finally) forgiving some that have screwed me over 20 years ago.Photobucket
(Actually I believe in order for a person to be forgived, they must
ask for forgiveness. I believe that if someone has done us wrong,
we let them know exactly what they did wrong and what it did to us,
then after that's out of our system we pull up our bootstraps, ask
ourselves what we learned from the situation as to not repeat it,
and move on).

On another note, I have decided that from this day forward, I will
only befriend people whose lives are not as messed up as mine. Not
that mine is messed up badly, just this quote keeps popping up to me
and whoa can I vouch that this is true!
"Never get involved with someone whose life is more f----- up than yours."
So from now on, if your life isn't as messed up as mine, let's have lunch!Photobucket