Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Congratulations Ron!


Our friend Ron Schmeits was elected president of
the National Rifle Association yesterday. I've
known Ron personally as a friend for over 20
years. My husband and I were both friends
with Ron before we ever met each other. Spent
Thanksgivings at his house, baby sat his dog Lacey,
enjoyed many a dinner together, and even worked
for him for a time. Oh and I once took a shower
at his house - haha! What happened was the
motor went out on our furnace the coldest night
of the year, and we froze pipes and thus no water.
Ron was at work but told me where the key was
to go in and take a shower, which I did and it
was wonderful at the time - hot water! I hope
I thanked him for that! Anyway Ron and his
wife Ann are very generous each year to our
young un and we are most appreciative. We
are very proud of Ron and wish him the best
as the new NRA President!