Friday, May 15, 2009

Happenings!

First off, this is too funny not to share. The
phone rang a few minutes ago and I was told
to turn on the tv. It took me a moment, but
the person on the tv had hair falling on his
forehead and then it was pointed out to me
to look at the back of his head - he combed
his hair backwards in the back to cover
up a big bald spot - omg we died laughing!

Here come more storms. Don't know if they
are supposed to be severe or not after the past
week. What they tell you and what happens
are two different things anyway. So I'll wait
for the thunder then listen for the sirens.
Am beginning to hate those sirens! Told Mr.
Lock an Load we were so much better off
when we first moved here and had no idea
what the sirens were for.

Found a nasty overgrown patch of poison
ivy the other day, didn't notice it from where
it was growing before. So I went in with my
Roundup and sprayed. Now I have a tiny spot
on the back of my ankle that I thought was
a bug bite or a blister but nope, it's poison
ivy. Oh well get out the alcohol...

My living room is a mess from the youngun
making 'the biggest fort ever' and my
breezeway is all torn up from the other
half adding a bathroom.

Friend in Vegas making plans to make sure
I gain ten pounds on my vacation there -
she is getting comp passes to a pretty nice
restaurant (lobster, crab legs, filet, appetizer,
dessert, salad, bottle of wine), and also
some fondue four course restaurant. I
might not fit on the plane to come home!
I love good food!

Garden doing fabulous and I haven't had to
water because of all the rain. Cucumbers
coming up today. Still haven't seen hide nor
hair of the watermelon, waiting on it to
make an appearance. So much caught up
outside now it'll turn hot as crap.