Thursday, May 14, 2009

Weather


Wokay.
So yesterday they had been predicting nasty
storms for us. The NWS had us under a moderate
risk, as well as the entire state of Missouri, about
half of Oklahoma, and almost all of Illinois.
So in the garden I covered up the precious plants
I wanted to save with buckets. In the evening
you could see the squall line moving in - weatherman
stated that once it formed a big squall the big
threats were over. At ten pm weatherman stated
that a second line of storms formed, thus weakening
the nasty line, and the big threat was no more. It
was stated that the strongest wind gust recorded
was 30mph and very small hail reported. Ah. I
went to bed.
At 12:15 the storm sirens blaring in the town got
me up. I uttered a four letter word, put on the
slippers, and headed for a television. 5 counties
(including us) were under a tornado warning.
So.
As I sat there staring at an infomercial and waiting
for the warning to expire my mind wandered. I
decided I was getting mighty tired of these types
of storms and wanted to move. But I wanted to move
to an area where the weather was tamer. But where?
So my mind pondered - the upper midwest is out,
too many problems. New England, uhm, no. California
too liberal for my tastes. I have turned into a whiny
butt with cold weather and snow so that let a few
places out. Not into hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes,
rude people and high taxes so that nixes a few more
states. I finally decided before heading back
to bed around 2am that I needed an
uninhabited island somewhere. I will write that on
my Christmas list to Santa.