Saturday, June 27, 2009

The door


The older I get the more I learn, thankfully.
I am so very glad I have been able to move to several states around
the country! It is so interesting to learn different people, different
cultures, different ways of life. The old saying that people are the
same no matter where you go? Don't believe it, it is not true. Not
unless you move and hang out with others from your same old area.
Doors open and close all of the time in my life. I think sometimes
I get so wrapped up in a door closing and tend to dwell on that,
that I miss the very opportunities offered when another door
is opening - I am so fixated on that door that closed. I am learning
to pay better attention! When a door is closing, it might just
be a door to an insignificant room, but because it is closing,
a door is opening to a very big room. In other words, if that
door hadn't closed then the other door wouldn't have opened.
I get so wrapped up in things I am interested in - putting forth
all of my efforts into that particular thing, that occasionally I
am disappointed when my efforts prove to be futile. Was
reading about Lisa Marie and her thoughts on when she was
married to Michael J - she wanted to help him, but she
recognizes now she was in way over her head. I can relate
to that! Some people are just so screwed up, a team of
psychiatrists and all the medication in the world wouldn't
help. But it's easy to get all wrapped up in trying. And then
while trying other opportunities are arising that we may
not pay a diddle of attention to, because we were so wrapped
up in a lost cause.
So I was watering the garden and doing some thinking about
how people are different. I have lived in Indiana, Colorado,
New Mexico, and Missouri....Ohio doesn't count as I was very
young and just wanted a toy or something!
Indiana:
The Good - Hard working people. Most of these people,
if they are your friends, they are your friends for life.
Very career minded. Very proud.
The Bad - Not open towards the unknown or new ideas.
Easily get stuck in ruts. Worried about what others think.
Lie easily due to being afraid of being judged. Blunt.
Very politically correct. Limited knowledge and education
leading to lots of 'immaturity' or 'tunnel vision' for
lack of better words.
Colorado:
The Good - Proud. Open. Open minded and accepting.
Smart, both with education or the chosen career field,
and with common sense. They do something because
they want to do something, not because they feel they
have to. Friendships created in Colorado are usually
very strong, and will survive the times.
The Bad - Stubborn. Critical, especially toward the
unknown.
New Mexico:
The Good - Dedicated people. Proud. Honest.
The Bad - Distrusting. Complicated. Hold grudges forever!
(With some only) Lazy. (With some) Jealousy.
Missouri:
The Good - Hard working. Friendly. Trusting. Easy going.
The Bad - Phony. Easily lie. No sense of commitment, including
to a friendship. Afraid of change. Lack of education and experience.
***In many cases these are from my observations, not from my
personal experience necessarily. Many times I am the quiet
one, I sit back, take notes, and study people. In some cases
these are from personal experiences, but also from
experiences of those I choose to know. Also I am NOT taking
into account the people that move and choose to bring
their past state with them, so to speak.
I will move past a door closing. I will look more to that
other door that is opening. Who knows what awaits on the
other side? I will never know if I don't go through and see!
I have more respect for those that barge ahead and go
through unknown doors, than I do for those that choose
to stay right where they are and not take a chance. I
will get over the closed door(s)!
To those that slam a door in a person's face - there is no
reason whatsoever to. And if you lie about why, expect
to face problems because of that. Stop whining when the
problems arise, as YOU were the one that slammed the door!
Every action results in a reaction.