Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Random Thoughts

First off I want to tell you if you have emailed me recently - I might
not have received the email as several are reporting they were
having problems. My ISP must be having hiccups with the heat.
So if you want to please resend!

As I sit here staring at a heat index of 109, I am rejoicing in the
invention of central air conditioning. Having lived in the mountains
for 14 years I am certainly a self admitted whiny butt when it
gets ungodly hot. I am exactly the same way when the temp
drops below 60 too, as I'm working on my sixth year here in
the Ozarks. :) I would rather be hot with humidity than cold
with humidity however, I don't think I'll ever grow accustomed
to the cold damp weather.

Garden loving this weather - picking beans daily, corn and tomato
plants are five feet high. Tomatoes will be ripe starting in a
week or two. Watermelon and pepper plants really need to get
a move on. Need to go plant some more pumpkin seeds to
have pumpkins at Halloween.

You know those bite sized candy bars? I just stole a 3 Musketeers
from my son, and they're about half of the size they used to be!
I need to eat 3 to make up for the size one was a few years ago!

Tonite will be a nice dinner of rigatoni, homemade meatballs
(had to do something while inside under a/c), home grown
green beans, and a nice salad with lettuce from the garden
(the remaining lettuce in the garden is positively fried with
this heat).

I tried an interesting cake mix for my son's b-day. It didn't work
out but only because I tried to make it in a bundt pan. It would
have been great in a regular pan. It was a combo of extreme chocolate
muffin mix, with chocolate chips, and a regular chocolate cake.
I did make him a normal cake that I had as a backup, but I
want to try the muffin mix thingy again, as it tasted fantastic
(Just didn't look too hot after being turned upside down and
coaxed to come out of a bundt pan).