Friday, June 19, 2009

Sleepy


Last night I couldn't sleep. Don't you hate that? I finally
gave up about 12:30am and decided to do maintenance on
one of the computers. The room was dark, the dogs settled
in to a peaceful snooze...all was quiet. I'd run one program
after another and just sort of mellow out. Sometimes I'd
do a little internet surfing. Around 2am, suddenly the computer
wouldn't connect to the internet. Argh what did I do?
When tired, it really isn't a good time to troubleshoot, but
it was still driving me nuts.

Opening the door quietly, I went to check the modem in the
other computer room. Both the modem and the router
indicated everything was fine. I quietly walked back to
the other computer, eager to finish up the last program
and get to bed. Suddenly our son walked in, turned on
the overhead light, and asked (not quietly I might add) what
I was doing up that late. Then the dogs said, "Oh, we're
getting up now? Great! Put us outside for awhile please!"
Aargh.
Well. The dogs were outside I had time...so I went back
to the other computer and tried to connect to the internet...
nope. Neither computer would connect. After the program
finished running and the dogs were back in I was pooped.
I went to bed but stewed for awhile wondering what was
wrong with the internet connection...could it be this? That?
Did I do something? It was around 3 I finally decided
I would just call the ISP in the morning, there was nothing
I could do, and I fell asleep.
This morning both computers were fine and connected
to the internet. I guess it was the ISP off line.

I bet I have no trouble sleeping tonite!

In other news - there is a strange cat hanging around. Living
in the country we do get people dropping off strays. There
is nowhere here to take an unwanted stray, so people just
take them for a ride in the country instead, pawning the
problem off unto people like us. But the difference is this
cat looks like he has a home and might even be the king
of his castle there - he is a beautiful gray cat with four white
paws, very plump, very big, and very comfortable with himself.
He does not look like a starving, unwanted, dumped off cat.
Tonite when I walked outside to water the garden he was
just laying casually on the sidewalk...I scared him off as one
of the dogs would fight him and possibly kill him, and our
own cat was highly p.o.'d that we had company.

A very busy tomorrow for us as we have a double celebration.

Have a great weekend!