Saturday, June 6, 2009

Making a decision

When making a decision, I take many things into consideration.
I have never worried about being politically correct, I have
never worried about what others have expected of me or
what others think about me. I only consider the opinion
of Mr. Lock an Load and the youngun, as any decision I make
directly or indirectly affects them.

I weigh into account all factors. I am never swayed by
guilt trips or personal attacks. And if someone outside of
my immediate family has an opinion on the subject then
I had better respect that person or it is unwelcomed.

Many decisions I make, although they only affect me
personally, will never please everyone. I know that. But
in the end one has to do what one has to do.

Mr. Lock an Load and I had planned years ago how things
would work out concerning our life, and most of it has
thankfully fallen into place. Plus not many toes were
stepped on in the process of life. Luckily we owe nothing
to anyone, there is a nice reserve, and a plan still in place.
We are not rich by any stretch of the imagination, we are
pretty fortunate and also made some intelligent decisions.

When someone tries to offer an opinion (aka telling me what
to do), I weigh into account their own personal history of
choices, their own intelligence level, their own security level.
Then that determines whether I respect them enough to
weigh their opinion in with my own. It is so simple and
easy to just sit back and tell others what to do all the time,
especially when your own life stinks!