Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hot off the presses

Here is your Tuesday evening news:

*The Iowa State Fair is to have a Michael Jackson statue made of butter.
(I am so not commenting on this one).
*In NM, a woman was killed when she was in the process of packing her
gun for a move. The death was ruled accidental. (Better not comment
on this one either).
*A cooking class in the Ozarks teaches kids to stay away from junk food.
(Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight).
*A panel of unnamed experts has recommended to the FDA to lower the dosage
in acetaminophen because people over abuse the stuff. (This means
we have to take twice as much to get the same affect, thus buying
more of the product...get it? I am going to change my career. I want
to go back to school and become an expert).
*Advocates (another thing I want to be when I grow up...'What are you
taking in school? Advocacy 101..and you?') are calling for an 'Ultra fast
train between St. Louis and Chicago. (They forgot to mention how they
plan to pay for it. They also forgot to indicate, uhm, WHY).
*Parents in Sweden are raising their child as a 'unisex' child, not
as a boy or a girl. It's an experiment. (Again the question comes
up - why?).
*New Tide removes stains without pre-treating. You can buy it
now before it hits store shelves. (I'm so relieved).
*The Atlanta Braves are undefeated when Jeff Francoeur
wears his lucky turkey underwear. (You need help Jeff,
but I'm not the one to call).

That's your news! :)