Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Comedy of errors

There were storms yesterday in the Ozarks. I guess they
thought some of them were going to be severe, as many
tornado warnings were issued all over. After dinner etc.
I started to follow radar (online) with the Weather Channel
and whatnot, to see if anything was coming this way. Around
11pm I was waiting for the ABC local news to come on, and
there were tornado warnings to the west of us. Many storms
travel west to east. No it wasn't an anxiety attack or huge
concern, just wanted a heads up before going to bed and
what not.

I have an old tv in here with a converter box - hehe. Getting
up to do something, then returning, somehow the channel
changed itself (honest) to another channel. I changed it
back. Getting up to do something else then coming back
there was no tv at all. I tried flipping channels and no tv.
So I assumed I did something. Clickety click. Oops.
Somehow the language was now all in Spanish. Trying to
change it back (I don't know enough Spanish to interpret
'Push this button to change languages') didn't work. So
I looked up the converter box online to see what to do.
Then I figured out how to do a channel search in English
(yay). What I DIDN'T know was that several stations
had just been knocked off the air (stupid digital signals
anyhow, why did we have to switch?). So I ended up
with about 4 channels on my tv. (This afternoon had to
do another channel search to get them back, and they're
in English - yay).

While trying to do all of that last night, I wanted an update
on the storms too. I mean, last I left off there were two
or three tornado warnings west of us. Did I need to get
ready to hide soon? Nobody updated anything on their
news websites in the way of watches and warnings. All I
had to go on was radar, and I need a crash course in how
to read that thing! I did end up with one local channel
on the tv (10) that pretty much said the nasty stuff was
over. I could go to bed! Still this morning as a storm
went through (that knocked over my beans and corn)
I laid there listening for sirens (thankfully non existent
sirens).

Today was busy propping plants back to their upright
position :) Someone stopped by today that is going to
be doing some work for us, and when I asked him when
he would start he replied, "Well, waiting on five days
of good weather. These meteorologists do nothing but
lie." OMG I started laughing! (Maybe I need more sleep,
he).