Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Learning a new skill




We are adding a bathroom to the house. As some of you know,
we looked at house after house for sale in the area and I finally
decided I liked this one that we lived in the best, so we made
remodel plans. We have a detailed plan on what gets done each
year, that way nothing will be too expensive at once, plus no
one is worked to death (not me). My other half is a licensed
plumber and electrician, and before we moved he was a state
licensed General Contractor (no such thing in Missouri so ... ).
Anyway.

Today he needed an extra set of hands. So guess who? suited
up in long sleeved shirt, pants, a hat, and gloves and headed
down to the crawl space. NO it was not the young'un. Twas ME!
I had never been in this crawl space (was in the house in NM's
crawlspace...once). Okay so I get down there and crawl then
roll under vents and such to get to the right side. Made
a mental note that next time (like that's gonna happen) will
wear kneepads. Anyway I can add that to my experience in
case I ever wish to pursue the plumbing profession, which
requires so many hours of working in the field to get licensed.
No worries, ain't gonna happen anyway.

Pics of the remodel week by week after it's done. This remodel
we are completely remodeling the breezeway, adding a bathroom
there, moving the laundry room over. Also on the agenda for this
year is to get the concrete poured for the new garage (existing
garage will be turned into a den/gameroom). And a new roof.
A couple of finches have decided they'd like to make my old dying
plant into a condo for their new family. So I moved the plant
to a higher spot and am going to let them have it. Must be
like a dream home to them - shaded, no direct sun, out of the
elements, and near the cat food.
Cut down a bunch of peppermint today and threw the cutoffs
around the field and along the sides of the road, as I would love
it if it would seed and grow there. Any leftover flower seed I have
I always throw around, and we have an abundance of wildflowers.
Plenty of moisture but no run and hide type stuff, which is nice.
Supposed to warm up to the point of 'OMG it's hot' here in the
next few days. Swimming pool weather!
Have decided that I'm not interested any longer in Alamogordo,
NM. Sure they have mild winters (to the point of the leaves
falling off the tree one day, that's their winter), but it's still
New Mexico and doing research they have the same old problems.
Plus it's still NM and I'm not sure I could get used to seeing
everything the color brown again, instead of green! So
we're playing that one by ear and just letting the chips fall
where they may.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.